- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Gwyneth Paltrow Releasing Second Cookbook, 'It's All Good'
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- ‘Waste Nothing’: An Interview with Adam Sappington, author of the ‘Heartlandia’ Cookbook
- Dora Charles, Former Chef for Paula Deen, Embarks on Her Own Path with Her First Cookbook, ‘A Real Southern Cook’
- A Slice of Americana: An Interview with Craig Priebe of ‘The United States of Pizza’
- A New Kind of Kosher: An Interview with Kim Kushner of ‘The New Kosher Cookbook’
- Top 10 Ways Julia Child Changed the Way We Cook
Looks like Gwyneth Paltrow is getting back into the cookbook business (presumably without a ghostwriter but with Julia Turshen); Eater spotted a new cookbook titled It's All Good from the actress on Amazon, out April 2, 2013.
According to the publisher's description, the cookbook will feature "recipes for the foods she eats when she wants to lose weight, look good, and feel more energetic." The story behind it involves Paltrow going on an "elimination diet" after a "particularly grueling schedule and lapse of overindulgence." A doctor found Paltrow was anemic and vitamin D deficient, not to mention "her stress levels were sky high."
The recipes cut out coffee, alcohol, dairy, eggs, sugar, shellfish, deep-water fish, wheat, meat, soy, or anything processed, leaving Paltrow with stripped down versions of huevos rancheros, hummus tartine with scallion-mint pesto, salmon burgers with pickled ginger, and power brownies. There are 185 recipes in total, all probably somewhat doable by us normal human beings.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts