Guy Fieri's New York Restaurants Set to Open and More News
In today's Media Mix, who wins in food journalism, plus Chick-fil-A shuttered during Democratic National Convention
Today on The Daily Meal
• Guy Fieri's first New York restaurant is opening Sunday. Here's the menu. [Grub Street]
• A new lawsuit against In-N-Out alleges that the restaurant chain refuses to hire anyone African-American or over the age of 40. [Mercury News]
• Apparently the Chick-fil-A in Charlotte, North Carolina, where the Democratic National Convention is, has been closed all week. We wonder why. [Daily Intel]
• The Association of Food Journalists announced their 2012 winners, and the San Francisco Chronicle won first for newspaper food section with the largest circulation. [Eater]
Chefs and Personalities
• Shaun Hergatt is heading up a hotel restaurant in Midtown East, called Juni, set to open the first quarter of next year. [Zagat]
• Christine Ha, the vision-impaired chef on MasterChef, has made it into the final two. Dun dun dun... [LA Times]
• Co-ops are scrambling to revamp their look, as big guns Whole Foods and Trader Joe's threaten to put them out of business. [Fox News]
• University of Massachusetts students were presented with a 6,700-pound seafood stew as a welcome back gift, made with produce from their gardens. Yum. [AP]
• Molly's Moon in Seattle is reintroducing Baracky Road ice cream, melted chocolate ice cream with Theo 70% dark chocolate chunks, hazelnuts, and vanilla marshmallows.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).