- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Guy Fieri Debuts on Broadway with 'Rock of Ages'
Recipe of the day
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
- George Foreman Now Has His Own Online Butcher Shop
- Former White House Chef, Nutrition Advisor Sam Kass Appointed NBC News Senior Food Analyst
When you think about it, this makes perfect sense. Last night, Guy Fieri got his Broadway debut as "Guy, the Bourbon Room Chef" in Rock of Ages; according to Broadway World, "a bond between the show's rocking cast and this bona fide rock star of the culinary world was inevitable." Turns out, the cast visited Guy's American Kitchen & Bar during its opening, and the producers asked Fieri to walk onto the show.
Anyway, Fieri plays the whole "they made me do it" card, saying in an interview, "for some reason the new guy on the block has been rope, wrangled, and coerced into performing with the crew from Rock of Ages." But of course, he loves it.
Although Fieri doesn't get wigged out (that would've been amazing, though), he does get a pirate bandana and an apron featuring "The Bourbon Room" logo. And while this might not change the tourist-trap reputation of Guy's American Kitchen & Bar, we can imagine that Fieri did end up with inspiration for his jewelry line. Head over to Broadway World for the full video.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts