Guinness and Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 pint/45 milliliters good-quality vanilla ice cream, softened but not melted
- 1 bottle Guinness Stout
- Casa de Sierra Nevada's Energetic Juice Recipe
- Brussels Sprouts with Pearl Onions, Mushrooms, and Crispy Prosciutto
- The Ultimate Cobb Salad
- Tarragona-Region Romesco Sauce
- Parsley Sauce
- A Meatloaf Fit for Champions
- Spicy Raita
- Irish Pizza
- Hemp-Smoked Seitan Sweetbreads with Sun-Dried Wheatgrass Liver
I first heard of this surprisingly appealing concoction — sort of a root beer float for grownups — from my friend Belle Casares, née Holahan, a granddaughter of the Irish-American writer John O’Hara, who was in turn descended from the Anglo-Norman Franeys of County Laois.
Adapted from “The Country Cooking of Ireland” by Colman Andrews.
Divide the ice cream equally between 2 tall, ice-cold, wide-mouthed glasses (soda fountain glasses) or glass beer mugs.
Divide the Guinness equally between the two, pouring it over the ice cream; then stir lightly.
Calories per serving:350 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Sodium
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.