- Sylvester (Crackers) Graham born (1794)
Guacamole del Sur
- 1 1/2 avocados, skinned and pitted
- 1/2 Ounce tomatillo, diced
- 1 Teaspoon lime juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/10 Ounce grasshoppers (chapulines)
- 1/2 Teaspoon cotija cheese
Yes, that's right, there are grasshoppers in this guacamole. Grasshoppers add a pleasant crunch to this regional take on traditional guacamole from chef Richard Sandoval of the La Sandia Restaurants. In Oaxaca, these delicacies are known as chapulines. They may be a little hard to come by, but a good bet is to try a Mexican grocery store.
See all appetizer recipes.
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a Molcajete glass. Combine the grasshoppers and cheese in a small bowl. Muddle the contents of the glass and combine with the grasshoppers and cheese.