Grow Your Own Vegetable Garden From Leftover Scraps
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Starting your own vegetable garden may sound like a daunting task, but it can be as simple as saving the scraps from last night’s dinner.
Scraps? Really? Yup! Many vegetables and some fruits can grow again from the leftovers that you planned to throw away (or hopefully compost!), and oftentimes it's much easier to grow than expected.
Here are some common vegetables and fruits that will grow from scraps, plus instructions on how to get your very own vegetable garden started, from produce from the supermarket instead of packets of seeds. Who knew starting a garden could be as easy as eating a pineapple? Click through our slideshow to see what sorts of vegetables and fruits you can grow from scraps.
— Jennifer Dome, HellaWella
More From HellaWella:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts