Grow Your Own Vegetable Garden From Leftover Scraps
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Starting your own vegetable garden may sound like a daunting task, but it can be as simple as saving the scraps from last night’s dinner.
Scraps? Really? Yup! Many vegetables and some fruits can grow again from the leftovers that you planned to throw away (or hopefully compost!), and oftentimes it's much easier to grow than expected.[slideshow:
Here are some common vegetables and fruits that will grow from scraps, plus instructions on how to get your very own vegetable garden started, from produce from the supermarket instead of packets of seeds. Who knew starting a garden could be as easy as eating a pineapple? Click through our slideshow to see what sorts of vegetables and fruits you can grow from scraps.
— Jennifer Dome, HellaWella
More From HellaWella:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts