Grimaldi’s Opening in El Segundo, Calif.
Recipe of the day
- Today Is Superhero Day at Krispy Kreme and You Could Win Free Doughnuts for Life
- While McDonald’s Struggles, Burger King Reports Strongest North American Sales Increase in a Decade
- Restaurant Offers Jameis Winston Endless Free Crab Legs If Drafted by Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- New York’s Famous Carnegie Deli Shut Down After Alleged Gas Siphoning
- Restaurant Turns Tables on Customer’s Bad Online Review
Grimaldi’s, the famous Brooklyn pizzeria that has recently been involved in a high-profile feud with a competitor in the neighborhood, is expanding all the way across the country, and will soon be opening an outpost in El Segundo, California.
There are currently 28 other locations of Grimaldi’s across the country, most notably in Las Vegas, but this will be the first California branch. According to a press release, this new location will be the largest, and, like all the other restaurants, will feature a hand-built coal-burning oven. Grimaldi’s also uses the freshest ingredients they can find, and has a chemist on staff to make sure that the water that goes into their dough resembles the original Brooklyn water as closely as possible.
Grimaldi’s New York location has been embroiled in a bitter turf war for the better part of the past year, as original owner Patsy Grimaldi, who sold the business to Frank Ciolli in 1998, decided to move back into the original space after Grimaldi’s was forced to move a block away after the lease wasn’t renewed. But for all their other locations, it appears to be smooth sailing: this location should be opening by late spring 2013, and new outposts are also slated to open this year in Denver, Tampa, and Katy, Texas.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts