- Sylvester (Crackers) Graham born (1794)
Grilled Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced 1-inch thick
- 2-4 jalapeños
- Olive oil, for grilling the pineapples and jalapeños
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 Cup minced red onion
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 dashes of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Grilling pineapple gives the fruit a lovely hint of smoke, while lime balances the sweet with sour citrus and jalapeño packs a spicy punch. Serve this summertime salsa atop your favorite bean burgers, salads, and tacos. This recipe came to us from Donna of Fab Frugal Food.
Preheat a gas grill or grill pan on medium-high heat.
Spray the pineapple and jalapeños with a little olive oil. Grill until the pineapples and jalapeños are charred slightly, about 2 minutes per side, then set aside to cool slightly. Dice the jalapeños and pineapple slices after they cool and place in a large bowl.
In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the mango, red onion, scallions, cilantro, lime juice, honey, and olive oil. Add the mango mixture to the charred, diced pineapples and jalapeños. Season with a few dashes of hot sauce and salt and pepper, to taste.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.