Grilled Brie and Tomato Sandwich Recipe
Daily Value: 23%
|Folic Acid (B9)||139µg||35%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||11g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||3g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Three of my favorite things — guacamole, Brie, and tomato — come together perfectly in this easy gourmet grilled cheese.
- 8 slices of thick, hearty bread (I like Trader Joe's garlic and olive oil ciabatta), buttered on the inside
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small white onion, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons hot sauce (I love D.L. Jardine's Texas Champagne)
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
Heat a large skillet and toast the buttered inside of each slice of bread.
Meanwhile, prepare the guacamole: Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash, mixing in the garlic, onion, hot sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Remove the toasted bread from the skillet, and spread the guacamole mixture on the inside of slice. On all of the bottom slices, add the Brie and tomato and then the top slice of bread (now toasted and spread with guacamole).
Cook the compiled sandwiches over medium heat until the bottom is toasted and the cheese is melted, about 6 minutes.
Total time: 14 minutesServings: 4