- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- 2 Pounds beef tenderloin tips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 zucchini or squash (or a combination), sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- Dried red chile flakes, plus more to taste
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
- Avocado Tabbouleh Appetizer
These tender cubes of meat work well in stews or, during warmer months, can be easily grilled and served with seasonal vegetables. In this case, I sautéed zucchini and squash and, though it's not in the picture, a side of roasted asparagus with tomatoes and garlic. It was a little bit of a feast, but good times with friends and food.
Hope you enjoy the same!
Click here to see Beef Recipes for Any Night of the Week
In a bowl, season the meat well with salt and pepper, adding 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season the vegetables with salt, pepper, the remaining oil, and chile flakes.
Heat a gas grill or a grill pan on high and cook the meat for about 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the pieces. Cook the vegetables on the grill or sauté in a pan on high heat until softened, about 7-9 minutes. Remove the meat and let it rest while the vegetables finish cooking. Serve immediately and use any leftover meat for sandwiches the next day.