Grape-Costumed Reporter Interviews Banana-Costumed Student
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
In a report that’s as ridiculous as it sounds, NBC reporter Pat Collins interviewed a high schooler suspended for running around a football field in a banana costume. Collins dressed for the part, showing up in a grape suit.
Watch below to hear the story, complete with a “Free Banana Man” rap and the student’s defense of bananas. “I don’t know,” he says, “potassium is great.”
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts