Grape-Costumed Reporter Interviews Banana-Costumed Student
Recipe of the day
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
In a report that’s as ridiculous as it sounds, NBC reporter Pat Collins interviewed a high schooler suspended for running around a football field in a banana costume. Collins dressed for the part, showing up in a grape suit.
Watch below to hear the story, complete with a “Free Banana Man” rap and the student’s defense of bananas. “I don’t know,” he says, “potassium is great.”
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts