- Food Bank Week Begins
Grape-Costumed Reporter Interviews Banana-Costumed Student
Recipe of the day
- Exclusive: Andrew Zimmern Falls in Love with Grandma’s Cooking in This ‘Bizarre Foods’ Clip
- The Crack Shack from ‘Top Chef’ Richard Blais Will Serve Chicken and Eggs All Day Long
- One of Gordon Ramsay’s Head Chefs Is Looking to Open Her Own Restaurant
- The First Season of ‘Barefoot Contessa’ Is Now on Netflix
- Dale Talde Dishes on the New York Wine & Food Festival, His Best Meal Ever
In a report that’s as ridiculous as it sounds, NBC reporter Pat Collins interviewed a high schooler suspended for running around a football field in a banana costume. Collins dressed for the part, showing up in a grape suit.
Watch below to hear the story, complete with a “Free Banana Man” rap and the student’s defense of bananas. “I don’t know,” he says, “potassium is great.”
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts