- Todd English born (1960)
Grape-Costumed Reporter Interviews Banana-Costumed Student
Recipe of the day
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
In a report that’s as ridiculous as it sounds, NBC reporter Pat Collins interviewed a high schooler suspended for running around a football field in a banana costume. Collins dressed for the part, showing up in a grape suit.
Watch below to hear the story, complete with a “Free Banana Man” rap and the student’s defense of bananas. “I don’t know,” he says, “potassium is great.”
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts