- World Water Week begins
Who Went Where After 2012's Grammy Awards
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
While Whitney Houston’s death cast an ominous shadow over last night’s Grammys, the underlying message from friends and fellow musicians was that the best way to honor Whitney was to celebrate her life — and celebrate they did.
After Adele’s six-win sweep, a crazy, innapropriate performance by Nicki Minaj, and a too-open-hearted performance by Katy Perry, the awards ended the only way they know how to — with a whole lot of after parties. Here’s a round-up of the who, what, when, and where of last night’s late-night events.
• The official Grammy after party, located at the Los Angeles Convention Center, stirred the pot after a soulful night. The tropical Latin theme filled the party with feathers, costumes, and a slew of bikini-clad women. Kenny Loggins and DJ Michelle Pesce performed while guests posed in the photo booths and shirtless men performed the Brazilian martial art capoeira. [NPR]
• Soho House on Sunset Boulevard hosted the Vevo/Nike Post party and was one happening event; that had music spun by DJ Cassidy and guests like Eminem, Ne-Yo, and QuestLove. [LA Times]
• Over at Capitol Records, popular recording label EMI was hosting guests like Lady Antebellum, David Guetta, Paris Hilton, and many others. The carnival theme made for a good time. [SF Chronicle]
• The ever fashionable and InStyle/Warner Music Grammy Post party, hosted at the Chateau Marmont, was spilling with famous faces. Guests included Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, John Legend, Alicia Keys, and other chart-topping singers. [Celebuzz]
• After killing it on stage with Coldplay for their cool collaboration of "Princess of China," Rihanna continued the party at the House of Blues, where she performed a few more songs. The 23-year-old Bajan singer made another stop on her party train at Greystone Manor, where things probably got a bit awkward since both of her exes, Chris Brown and Drake, were in attendance. [Daily Mail]
Where was the real party, though? At Lucali, a pizzeria in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, where new parents Beyoncé and Jay-Z had a date night sans baby Blue Ivy. Though the couple skipped the awards for a quieter scene, Jay-Z won a Grammy for Best Rap Performance for “Otis,” his collaboration with Kanye West. A baby and a Grammy in one month – that's definitely a party. [Us]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts