Got Brunch? 5 Reasons to Try Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge now offers a brunch menu in addition to their regular lunch menu. The brunch is served every Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The menu features a variety of sweets, eggs, omelets, and more.
“Brunch is a special time of the day for many people,” says Ryan Fichter, Executive Chef of Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge. “Brunch is a great meal because you get so many good options to choose from, and you don’t have to get out of bed early to enjoy them before the breakfast menu is no longer available.”
Here are 5 reasons to make a point of going to brunch:
1. Power up to power shop. Those who will be engaged in heavy holiday shopping will need to fuel up in order to keep going. They can get all the energy they need by attending a brunch. Whether going before heading out to shop, or stopping in after they get that party started, the food will be ready and waiting.
2. Have a girlfriend meeting. Any fan of shows like “Sex & The City” knows that the ladies would meet up for brunch. They also know that it made them want to have a brunch with their girlfriends. Now is the time to send the invites and get the girls to meet up for brunch.
3. Drink during the daytime. Forget waiting until dinner or later to have an alcoholic beverage. Brunch is the one meal that allows diners to partake in alcohol as they are eating their first meal of the day.
4. Sleep in. Those who have had a long night of entertainment or fun will not want to get up early to catch the breakfast menu. Most restaurants only offer it for a short time, making diners hurry to beat the timer. But brunch allows diners to sleep in and stroll on over when they are ready to get a bite to eat.
5. Brag a little bit. Part of the fun of going to brunch is being able to say that’s where you are at. It just sounds cool to say “brunch.” So, while brunching, do an online check-in with your phone and brag a little.
“Brunch is fun, and there are many great menu options to choose from,” added Fichter. “Those who haven’t explored the pleasures of going to brunch should give it a try. For those who have, well, it’s time to do it again.”
The brunch menu at Bodega Spanish Tapas & Grill features such sweets options as waffles, flan, churros, and parfaits. The egg and omelet options offer a variety of styles, including being served with smoked salmon, crab cakes, crabmeat, and more. Popular dishes include eggs Benedict, eggs Florentine, Chorizo, steak and eggs, and custom omelets. Bodega offers organic eggs, as well as side dishes that include potatoes and bacon. The brunch menu also features champagne, cocktails, and bloody Mary’s.
Bodega, located at 3116 M St. NW, offers a happy hour, a weekend brunch and patio seating during nice weather, and serves lunch and dinner daily. They also offer private party hosting for parties up to 50 people, which can be held in the “Matador Lounge,” the bar, or the patio. The private party areas have an exclusive sound system and a full bar, and offer food selections from a special private-event menu. The restaurant chooses one lucky Facebook fan per month to win a $50 gift certificate for dining. For more information on Bodega, visit www.bodegadc.com.