- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Google Launches Search Tool "Bacon Number"
Recipe of the day
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
Movie fans everywhere will rejoice at Google’s newest form of mindless procrastination.
Google recently launched the search engine tool Bacon Number, an eclectic but entertaining tool for film buffs everywhere. The tool is based off the cult favorite game “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon,” a game that originated after an interview with Bacon surfaced in which he claimed to have worked with everyone in Hollywood or someone that’s worked with them. The game then seeks to connect even the most unexpected celebrity with Kevin Bacon and determine their degrees of separation. Google has now taken the game one step further, programming their search engine to determine each celebrity’s “Bacon Number” automatically.
It’s simple; merely type “Bacon Number” and the name of the actor or actress in question, and Google will quickly reveal their proximity to the enigmatic Footloose star. Claire Danes, for example, has a Bacon Number of two, appearing with Jason Flemyng in Stardust who in turn appeared with Bacon in X-Men: First Class. Even Justin Bieber has a Bacon Number, earning a four.
It’s a small world, and Kevin Bacon seems to be the tie that binds us all.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts