Google Launches Search Tool "Bacon Number"
Recipe of the day
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
Movie fans everywhere will rejoice at Google’s newest form of mindless procrastination.
Google recently launched the search engine tool Bacon Number, an eclectic but entertaining tool for film buffs everywhere. The tool is based off the cult favorite game “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon,” a game that originated after an interview with Bacon surfaced in which he claimed to have worked with everyone in Hollywood or someone that’s worked with them. The game then seeks to connect even the most unexpected celebrity with Kevin Bacon and determine their degrees of separation. Google has now taken the game one step further, programming their search engine to determine each celebrity’s “Bacon Number” automatically.
It’s simple; merely type “Bacon Number” and the name of the actor or actress in question, and Google will quickly reveal their proximity to the enigmatic Footloose star. Claire Danes, for example, has a Bacon Number of two, appearing with Jason Flemyng in Stardust who in turn appeared with Bacon in X-Men: First Class. Even Justin Bieber has a Bacon Number, earning a four.
It’s a small world, and Kevin Bacon seems to be the tie that binds us all.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts