Gooey Mac and Cheese Recipe
Daily Value: 19%
Sugar-Conscious, Vegetarian, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||19µg||5%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||6g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
This homey treat comes from Taylor Hicks’ own kitchen!
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta (the swirls hold the sauce better than regular macaroni)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/4 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
Boil the macaroni in a 2-quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7-9 minutes. Drain. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheeses (reserve 1/4 cup of the Cheddar). Stir until the cheeses melt. Add the sour cream, salt, milk, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper to the butter/cheese mixture and stir well. Then add drained macaroni and mix well. Pour into a baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of Taylor Hicks and Taste of Home.Servings: 8
Total time: 55 minutes
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).