Goode's Armadillo Palace: New Cocktail Creations
Today on The Daily Meal
- Where to Get a Free Drink on April Fools' Day in New York City (Really, This Is No Joke)
- Inside Minneapolis' Brand-New Tiki Bar
- Minus5 Ice Bar: A New Way to Cool Down in New York City This Summer
- Jay-Z and Budweiser's Made in America Festival: Where to Find Good Beer
- The Best New Bars: The 2013 Spirited Awards Winners
The Armadillo Palace has a full service bar, live music several days a week, traditional Texas comfort food, and an ambience that captures the spirit of Texas perfectly.
It should be no surprise that the armadillo haunch has a history of drinks: famed fiddle player, Leon "Pappy" Selph, loved to play at the nearby Original Goode Company BBQ for a payment of a mere $65 and a bottle of Jack Daniel's.
Recently, Levi Goode, owner, chef and namesake of the Goode establishments, has been experimenting with creating original cocktails for the Armadillo Palace. One of Levi's favorites is the brisket-infused bourbon cocktail, which was made by incorporating Texas barbecue elements into a classic drink.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts