Gobble for Green: Ideas for Your Thanksgiving Wedding
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- How to Cook Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
Conserving resources for your Thanksgiving wedding or family get together can be very simple.
You can repurpose items and turn them into eye catching decor, or try an edible display of pears or another yummy seasonal fruit with a sweet smelling message spread across them. Guests won't be able to resist a juicy pear. Use old book pages to create plump and playful paper pumpkins or a wreath made from recycled paper with fall colors incorporated throughout.
In regards to the menu, a full traditional feast is the ticket. Try your hand at a variety of fall and Thanksgiving themed cupcakes for dessert. If you’ve got a little DIY in you, the frosting can be used to shape quirky little turkeys on top.
Ask your guests to wear fall colors and really get in the mood. Warm colors such as rustic red, burnt orange and vibrant yellow can be worn. As for décor. Create a cornucopia of sorts as a centerpiece for your table. If you’d like flowers instead, think seasonally—like mums or sunflowers.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts