Gobble for Green: Ideas for Your Thanksgiving Wedding
Recipe of the day
- Shake Shack Shareholder PETA Pushes for Vegan Menu Options
- RL Stine Calls Feeding Frenzy, Two-Hour Closure of First White Castle in Las Vegas a ‘True Horror’
- Queens Noodle Powerhouse Mu Ramen is Looking for an Executive Sous Chef
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: Parma, an East Side Survivor
- Chubby Noodle Restaurant Files Trademark Lawsuit Against Fat Noodle Restaurant
Conserving resources for your Thanksgiving wedding or family get together can be very simple.
You can repurpose items and turn them into eye catching decor, or try an edible display of pears or another yummy seasonal fruit with a sweet smelling message spread across them. Guests won't be able to resist a juicy pear. Use old book pages to create plump and playful paper pumpkins or a wreath made from recycled paper with fall colors incorporated throughout.
In regards to the menu, a full traditional feast is the ticket. Try your hand at a variety of fall and Thanksgiving themed cupcakes for dessert. If you’ve got a little DIY in you, the frosting can be used to shape quirky little turkeys on top.
Ask your guests to wear fall colors and really get in the mood. Warm colors such as rustic red, burnt orange and vibrant yellow can be worn. As for décor. Create a cornucopia of sorts as a centerpiece for your table. If you’d like flowers instead, think seasonally—like mums or sunflowers.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts