Gluten-Free Fiesta Pasta Salad Recipe
Daily Value: 20%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||125µg||31%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||5g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||2g||0%|
Pairs Well With
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
This Gluten-Free Fiesta Pasta Salad is super easy to make at home; you just need to prepare some vegetables and have gluten-free pasta on hand. So, go ahead and whip up this fun pasta salad.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for cooking the pasta
- 1/2 pound gluten-free penne
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thinly crosswise
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- One 10-ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chives, chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with the zucchini, mushrooms, corn, and spinach. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, chives, red pepper, sea salt, and black pepper. Whisk well to combine.
Pour the olive oil mixture over the cooked pasta mixture. Gently toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Total time: 20 minutes
Special Designations: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Healthy