Gluten-Free Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons grapeside oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 Cup minced shallots
- One 7-ounce jar organic tomato paste
- 1 Cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
There are three basic barbecue sauces out there — tomato, mustard, or vinegar. Unfortunately, each of these recipes contain a significant amount of sugar, so I adapted this basic, tomato-based sauce and used orange juice as a natural sweetener to make it low in sugar.
Warm the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook until soft. Add the tomato paste, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Simmer over low heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
Calories per serving:144 calories
Dietary restrictions:Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added