Give Back with Giada De Laurentiis
In her new app issue, the celebrity chef talks about supporting those in need
With Black Friday gone and Cyber Monday passed, people are (hopefully) turning their attention to helping out those in need.
Giada de Laurentiis is a big supporter of volunteerism and in this week’s issue of her new app she is featuring a guest blog post from her friend and fellow Food Network star Trisha Yearwood, who is hitting the road on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.
In addition to Yearwood's post, this week’s issue also includes an article about De Laurentiis and her family’s support of the Melanoma Foundation, and a gift guide article that includes a list of De Laurentiis' favorite gifts that benefit charities. For a complete look at the app, visit the Apple Newsstand.
Here are some details about this week's issue:
We celebrate the season of giving with some great ideas for giving back:
- Recipes from an upcoming book called The Soup Club, where sharing and soup go hand in hand
- Trisha Yearwood writes about traveling with Habitat for Humanity, and helping build homes
- De Laurentiis tells the family story behind her ongoing support of the Melanoma Foundation
- Gifts that give back: De Laurentiis' list of great gifts that benefit charities
- Feel Good Food: Chef Suzanne Goin, a founding force behind Alex's Lemonade Stand, shares a recipe from her new book
- Hotlist: Music for a good cause
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).