Girl Scouts Redesigning Cookie Packages
Recipe of the day
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
October marks the start of Girl Scout cookie season (no, we weren't counting down the days on our calendar), but it turns out the boxes are going to look a little different this year.
According to a press release, the Girl Scouts of the USA have decided to revamp their cookie boxes with a redesign, celebrating the group's 100th birthday last March.
According to Reuters, the designs will showcase five entrepreneurial skills that the Girl Scouts teaches to their memebers: "goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics." The new boxes include images of girls working together to clean up a park, volunteering at soup kitchens, and traveling to Paris.
This will be the first redesign since 1999. "We have more than 50 million cookie customers across the country, and the cookie box is the most tangible and powerful way for us to communicate directly with consumers," Anna Maria Chávez, CEO of Girl Scouts, said in a press release. Luckily, there's no mention of Thin Mints being discontinued, so we're content.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts