Girl Scouts Candy Bars Exist and More News
In today's Media Mix, Obama gets accused of drinking 'double skim lattes,' plus Morgan Freeman closes his restaurant
The Daily Meal's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• A state senator accused President Barack Obama of turning his back on the Democratic Party for "the hipster fedora and a double skim latte." [Gawker]
• Nestlé has teamed up with the Girl Scouts to produce a Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout candy bar hybrid. It's not available in stores yet, but will be in June. [HuffPo]
• Restaurant chains, like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, are starting to rework their beverage menus to up check numbers as well as the brand's image. [NRN]
• Sizzler is hoping to make a comeback after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy by repainting restaurants, revamping the menu, and launching a food truck called "ZZ-Truck." [WSJ]
• Restaurant beer sales increased 9 percent in 2011, and the National Resturant Association predicts that sales will rise 3.5 percent in 2012. [QSR]
Shame of the Week
• A man reportedly stabbed another man when the victim mistakenly grabbed a bag of harmonicas instead of tacos. [Miami New Times]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).