PointsPlus Ginger-Lime Chicken Recipe
Daily Value: 15%
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||13µg||3%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||8g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||4g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
An easy chicken recipe that's made with zingy ginger. Try serving it with some grilled vegetables or on top of greens.
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon lime zest, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon ginger root, finely minced or grated
- 2 cloves medium garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili oil, or other hot oil
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh, chopped & divided
- 1 pound chicken breast, raw without skin & bone (4 ounce pieces)
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon scallion, finely minced
In a large non-reactive bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, garlic, honey, oil and 2 tablespoons cilantro; mix well. Add chicken to bowl, tossing to make sure each piece is coated; refrigerate for 2–4 hours.
Preheat broiler to high. Remove chicken from marinade and place in a baking dish; strain marinade and set aside. Broil chicken, 4–6 minutes; flip and brush chicken with reserved marinade (discard any remaining marinade). Return chicken to oven and broil until chicken is cooked through, about 4–6 minutes more.
To serve, sprinkle chicken with scallions, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro and any sauce accumulated in baking dish.
PointsPlus Value: 4
Total time: 27 minutes
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).