Gift Idea: Thanksgiving Leftovers Baskets
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
We’ve talked about a leftover brunch, but here’s an alternative option — take-home baskets. Whether you’ll be too busy with Black Friday shopping or don't have relatives or friends staying through the weekend, if you’re not interested in holding onto those heaping piles of leftovers, send your guests home with them.
Create a basket filled with everything from turkey and stuffing to a slice of pie. With the right Tupperware and a little festive ribbon, you’ll be dubbed the entertainer of the year when you hand your guests these baskets as they exit your home after dinner.
Here are a few tips:
1. Take that turkey and make an amazing sandwich out of it. Here’s our go-to recipe. Wrap it up in plastic wrap.
2. Fill mini mason jars with stuffing and cranberry sauce. Add festive labels like these that say what's inside.
3. Fill a tall Tupperware with sweet potatoes and top it with whipped cream, pumpkin seeds, and pecans.
4. Tie up leftover biscuits and bread in burlap with a ribbon.
5. Last, but certainly not least, put slices of leftover pie in these individual pie holders.
Add all of these items into a basket filled with paper plates, plastic utensils, and a bottle of sparkling water and mulled cider and you are good to go!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts