Get Ready for Some Barbecue, New York City!
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The event will feature 15 pitmasters from across the South and three from New York City, including Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and Blue Smoke, one of the event’s founding partners. Each vendor will be selling a wide variety of Southern favorites, from barbecue to side dishes and desserts. Barbecue offerings will be $9 per plate. Proceeds will be donated to the Madison Square Park Conservancy.
Live blues, soul, and rock musicians—such as Marcia Ball on Saturday, and the Dirty Guv’nahs on Sunday—will set the soundtrack for the event, performing in the park all weekend for event-goers to enjoy.
There will also be a number of seminars on summer cooking from established chefs, including the Batali Brothers and their father Mario Batali, and Southern Living Test Kitchen chefs Norman King and Whitney Wright.
The Big Apple Barbecue Block Party will take place in Madison Square Park (between 23rd and 26th Streets, and 5th Ave. and Madison Ave.) in New York City, June 8 and 9 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts