It is that magical time of the year again where we get to watch our favorite TV stars strut their stuff on the red carpet. We already got excited with the sneak peek of the ceremony this year and cannot wait to keep a watchful eye on the red carpet come Sunday.
While we will of course be tuned into what all of the top nominees are wearing and where they will be partying, there are some tasty nominations this year for our food industry brethren:
"Outstanding Reality-Competition Program"
"Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming"
"Outstanding Special Class — Short-Format Nonfiction Programs" (Web Series)
"Outstanding Interactive Program" (Bravo's Top Chef Interactive Experience)
"Outstanding Informational Series or Special" (Parts Unknown)
"Outstanding Writing for Nonfiction Programming" (Parts Unknown)
"Outstanding Cinematography for Nonfiction Programming" (Parts Unknown)
"Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program." (The Taste)
Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
"Outstanding Reality Program"
If you are planning to watch the ceremony this Sunday, have we got a treat for you! The Savory shared with us this amazing drinking game around some of your favorite TV moments of the past year. The rules are simple and can be done with any type of alcohol, so anyone with a favorite poison can play! Check out the game below:
10 Rules: The Emmy Party Drinking Game
What you need: Plenty of beer and alcohol, at least three friends (but the number of players is limitless), and the number for a cab service.
1. Neil Patrick Harris Sings or Dances: NPH. He’s a hero to most anyone who has eyes. He’s funny, charming, good looking, and the man can sing! So if we’re lucky, he will grace us with a few musical numbers during the show.
2. Anyone Makes a Meth Reference: The entire country is talking Breaking Bad. Water coolers and social media have become war zones of spoiler alerts. We can only assume that the Emmys will be the same way.
3. Peter Dinklage Looks Bored: Master thespian Peter Dinklage will be a staple at the Emmys as long as his character survives on HBO's Game of Thrones, but last year he always seemed to be looking bored out of his gourd. Maybe it's because he knows he'll be enduring the Emmys for years to come.
4. There's a Jon Hamm "Wang Outline" Sighting: Mr. "Mad Men" is known for his lack of wearing anything supportive beneath his pantaloons. If Jon’s ham makes its way to your boob tube, EVERYONE MUST FINISH THEIR DRINK.
5. Anyone Makes a Downton Abbey Jab: Oh BBC, how you bless us with carefully crafted, well-written, and incredibly acted programming. So as Americans, we are bound to make fun of it.
6. SNL Cast Member Past/Present: Looking at the list of nominees, you may notice one thing: Lorne Michaels had a big part in launching their careers. The list of Saturday Night Live cast members in the nominees group is astounding. ONE DRINK FOR PRESENT MEMBERS, TWO DRINKS FOR ALUMNI.
7. Anyone References Lena Dunham’s Boobs: We love Girls. We truly do. But let's be honest, we have seen Lena’s naked chest-buddies a bit much. We assume she will keep her top on for the Emmys, but you never know. IF SHE'S SPOTTED TOPLESS, EVERYONE MUST FINISH THEIR DRINKS.
8. Ty Burell Is on Your TV: Modern Family may be the best comedy on television in the past 15 years. It is groundbreaking and has a dream cast that truly pulls the show together. But, man, we cannot love Ty Burrell enough. He is just perfect.
9. Anytime a Cast Member of Arrested Development or Louis CK Is on Camera: Two of our favorite things of 2013 were the return of Arrested Development and the Louis CK: Oh My God HBO Special. "We’ve made a huge mistake…"
10. Anytime You See Anthony Bourdain: Anthony Bourdain is nominated for an Emmy. Let us repeat that. Anthony Bourdain is nominated for an Emmy! Nothing is more savory than Mr. Bourdain. He drinks, he smokes, he curses, and he cooks amazing food. Prove your love with a drink.