Get Out the Vote This Election – with Treats!
Recipe of the day
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
- New Magical Millennial Tic Tacs Change Flavor in Your Mouth
- Woman Finds Viper in Box of Bananas
The Sweet Lobby in Washington, D.C. is introducing a bit of sweet competition to the 2012 presidential race with Obama- and Romney-branded cupcakes and macarons.
The bakery, which you may recognize from their victory on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, has deemed itself the Official Pastry Polling Headquarters of the 2012 election. Customers' purchases of the presidential treats will be tracked and posted on the bakery’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
Both sets of cupcakes and macarons have identical bases; the cupcakes are a vanilla cake with dark chocolate ganache and vanilla frosting, while the macarons are double vanilla. The decorations vary based on the candidate.
Beginning in November, the presidential-themed cupcakes and macarons will be available for shipping nationwide.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts