- World Water Week begins
Get Out the Vote This Election – with Treats!
Recipe of the day
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
- Product Review: Trader Joe’s Popcorn in a Pickle
The Sweet Lobby in Washington, D.C. is introducing a bit of sweet competition to the 2012 presidential race with Obama- and Romney-branded cupcakes and macarons.
The bakery, which you may recognize from their victory on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, has deemed itself the Official Pastry Polling Headquarters of the 2012 election. Customers' purchases of the presidential treats will be tracked and posted on the bakery’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
Both sets of cupcakes and macarons have identical bases; the cupcakes are a vanilla cake with dark chocolate ganache and vanilla frosting, while the macarons are double vanilla. The decorations vary based on the candidate.
Beginning in November, the presidential-themed cupcakes and macarons will be available for shipping nationwide.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts