Get Out the Vote This Election – with Treats!
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
The Sweet Lobby in Washington, D.C. is introducing a bit of sweet competition to the 2012 presidential race with Obama- and Romney-branded cupcakes and macarons.
The bakery, which you may recognize from their victory on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, has deemed itself the Official Pastry Polling Headquarters of the 2012 election. Customers' purchases of the presidential treats will be tracked and posted on the bakery’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
Both sets of cupcakes and macarons have identical bases; the cupcakes are a vanilla cake with dark chocolate ganache and vanilla frosting, while the macarons are double vanilla. The decorations vary based on the candidate.
Beginning in November, the presidential-themed cupcakes and macarons will be available for shipping nationwide.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts