Gallo Family Vineyards Gives Back to Meals On Wheels
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Add another to The Daily Meal's list of 44 ways to fight hunger in America: Gallo Family Vineyards is pairing up with Meals On Wheels for the third year in a row, to donate $100,000 to help the more than 8 million seniors facing hunger.
And it really is as simple as uncorking a bottle of wine: in the "Every Cork Counts" campaign, all you have to do is send in your corks back to the winery, and a $5 donation will be made to Meals On Wheels. Gallo Family Vineyards will donate up to $90,000 to Meals On Wheels; an additional $10,000 will be donated from the Gallo interactive Facebook game (an excuse to be on Facebook during the work day).
You can find the address for the winery at the Every Cork Counts website; so far, more than 5,000 corks have been donated. Now you have every reason to load up on Gallo Family wines this Thanksgiving. (And find more ways to fight hunger in your hometown.)
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts