Gallo Family Vineyards Gives Back to Meals On Wheels
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Add another to The Daily Meal's list of 44 ways to fight hunger in America: Gallo Family Vineyards is pairing up with Meals On Wheels for the third year in a row, to donate $100,000 to help the more than 8 million seniors facing hunger.
And it really is as simple as uncorking a bottle of wine: in the "Every Cork Counts" campaign, all you have to do is send in your corks back to the winery, and a $5 donation will be made to Meals On Wheels. Gallo Family Vineyards will donate up to $90,000 to Meals On Wheels; an additional $10,000 will be donated from the Gallo interactive Facebook game (an excuse to be on Facebook during the work day).
You can find the address for the winery at the Every Cork Counts website; so far, more than 5,000 corks have been donated. Now you have every reason to load up on Gallo Family wines this Thanksgiving. (And find more ways to fight hunger in your hometown.)
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts