Fruit Salsa Recipe
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Fruit salsa is a great addition to any barbecue, picnic, or taco dinner. The addition of juicy fruit to the savory and spicy ingredients in a traditional salsa creates a nice balance of flavors. Fruit salsa can be used as any other salsa would — you can dip tortilla chips into it, top tacos with it, or use it as a flavorful relish for sandwiches and burgers.
This particular fruit salsa recipe uses fresh diced mango but you could easily substitute diced strawberries, chopped orange segments, or fresh cubed pineapple. The key is choosing a juicy fruit so that a small amount of sauce forms when the ingredients are combined — that way, the peppers and onions will be coated in the sweet fruit juice.
To add even more flavor to this mango salsa, try grilling the corn before adding it to the salsa; it will add a nice subtle smoky taste.
Click here for the mango Fruit Salsa Recipe.
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal’s Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts