Fred's Chicken Coop Egg Salad Sandwich
- 2 s eggs
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise, or aioli if you have it
- 1 Tablespoon minced chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 Teaspoons Pecorino cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 s slices sourdough bread
- 1 Teaspoon roasted red pepper spread
- 1/4 Tablespoon lettuce
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Served at his new sandwich shop in downtown Los Angeles, D'elish, chef Fred Eric gives his own twist to the egg salad sandwich: serving the hard-boiled eggs sliced and drizzled in dressing.
In a small saucepan, cover the eggs with 1 inch of cold water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and let sit for 7 minutes to finish cooking. Peel the eggs and chop in ¼-inch slices. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, chives, and Pecorino cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread the eggs out on 1 slice of sourdough bread, then drizzle with the mayonnaise mixture. On the other slice, spread the red pepper spread, if using, and top with lettuce. Garnish each slice with chives and Pecorino cheese, then serve together as a sandwich, or separate.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts