- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Fourth of July Freedom Fest: Scottsdale, AZ
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The Fairmont Princess Hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona will be hosting a three-day Freedom Fest this Fourth of July.
The festival includes multiple events such as tribute concerts from local band Zowie Bowie on the fourth and fifth, and Foreverland, a Michael Jackson tribute band on the sixth.
The hotel will also be hosting a special salute to Specialist First Class Josh Bullis of the United States Army, and will award him a technologically advanced wheelchair called the iBot. According to the press release, the wheelchair “can convert from four-wheels to a two-wheeled balance mode, allowing the user to sit at eye level with a standing 6-ft. tall adult, regaining a measure of equality and greater independence than any other mobility device.”
Other events include a Techno Glo Pool Party, during which the hotel pool is adorned with fog and lasers while a DJ plays electronic music for festival guests.
A portion of the proceeds from Freedom Fest will benefit the Arizona National Guard and families of members of the military.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts