Fourth of July Freedom Fest: Scottsdale, AZ
Recipe of the day
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
- On a Fishing Charter with a Chef at Amelia Island, Florida
- Introduction to Memphis in May 2015, at the World’s Largest Pork BBQ Contest
The Fairmont Princess Hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona will be hosting a three-day Freedom Fest this Fourth of July.
The festival includes multiple events such as tribute concerts from local band Zowie Bowie on the fourth and fifth, and Foreverland, a Michael Jackson tribute band on the sixth.
The hotel will also be hosting a special salute to Specialist First Class Josh Bullis of the United States Army, and will award him a technologically advanced wheelchair called the iBot. According to the press release, the wheelchair “can convert from four-wheels to a two-wheeled balance mode, allowing the user to sit at eye level with a standing 6-ft. tall adult, regaining a measure of equality and greater independence than any other mobility device.”
Other events include a Techno Glo Pool Party, during which the hotel pool is adorned with fog and lasers while a DJ plays electronic music for festival guests.
A portion of the proceeds from Freedom Fest will benefit the Arizona National Guard and families of members of the military.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts