Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Rolls Out a Food Truck
Recipe of the day
- This New Art Exhibit Allows You to Taste the Paintings
- Marco Pierre White Opens Revamped, Affordable Restaurant Inside Threadneedles Hotel in London
- What New York City Food Are You, Based on Your Astrological Sign?
- Study Says Travelers Would Rather Give Up Sex Than Coffee
- Things You Should Never Be Able to Buy in a Vending Machine
Look out for a new food truck in your town, as Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is launching its first food truck to tour the country on Sept. 16. Known as the FS Taste Truck, the truck will drive through seven cities, serving food outside eight Four Seasons properties. The participating hotels will be hosting the truck for one week each, executing special series of events and food menus inspired by their cities.
"We want to keep our chefs engaged in something that is very relevant and the food truck movement fits the bill. It’s fun, unexpected, and will foster the notion that Four Seasons does things differently," Guy Rigby, Four Seasons vice president of food and beverage in the Americas, said in a press release.
The events vary from location to location, with cooking competitions, pop-up parking-lot parties, and more. Some of the highlights of the truck-tour are:
- Tales of Chile Peppers: Four Seasons executive chefs Mel Mecinas (of Scottsdale at Troon North) and Andrew Cooper (of Rancho Encantado Santa Fe) are dueling in a chile pepper-teamed cooking challenge. Fans will be voting by posting images on Instagram, and the winning dish will be featured on the menu at Terra Bar for the final week of the tour.
- Prost!: Stopping at Santa Barbara’s Telegraph Brewing Company on Oct. 4, the truck will be hosting the "ultimate Oktoberfest." German-inspired dishes will be served, including pork bratwurst, Polish sausage with sauerkraut, and beef goulash, and German triple-chocolate cake for dessert. For drinks, guest can enjoy the "1927 Ale," brewed exclusively for Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara.
- Chef Showdown, LA-Style: A battle of anticuchos, South American grilled meat skewers, between chef’s Claudia Fossa from THE Blvd and Hugo Bolanos from CUT by Wolfgang Puck will be taking place at The Beverly Wilshire.
The inspiring culinary experience aside, the FS Taste Truck tour benefits a good cause, donating a portion of the total revenue to Chefs to End Hunger. This charity cooperates with hotels, restaurants, and food service operations to redistribute leftover prepared food to people in need.
For more information and to see if the FS Taste Truck will come to your city, check out the truck’s website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts