"Anything potato. My favorite? A tie between French fries and potato chips. My favorite fries are classic McDonald's, plain, no ketchup, with a cold Coca-Cola. My favorite chips are classic Lay's potato chips dipped in sour cream."
Fries are favorites, too, for:
• Al Roker, TV personality and cookbook author: "McDonald's fries specifically"
• Amanda Cohen, chef–restaurateur, Dirt Candy: "Just fries."
• Amanda Freitag, chef–restaurateur: "Especially the fries at the Waverly Inn in Manhattan."
• Ed Brown, chef–restaurateur, Ed's Chowder House: "Pop Burger fries, dipped in mayo, mustard, and ketchup."
• Marc Hennessy, chef, BLT Steak Scottsdale: Chili cheese fries
• Jennifer Domanski, pastry chef, Crosby Street Hotel: "Just fries."
(Make chili fries at home with The Daily Meal's recipe.)