Food & Wine Looking for People's Best New Chef
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
- Anthony Bourdain’s International Street Food Hall in New York City Expected to Open Later This Year
In the next round of awards, Food & Wine has released their list of potential chefs for the year's People's Best New Chefs, with 100 or so names to choose from.
Readers can vote for their favorite young chef who has run their kitchen for five years or less, with obvious nominations like Danny Bowien, Jordan Kahn, Thomas McNaughton, Jimmy Bannos Jr., Alex Stupak, Dale Talde, and Sarah Pliner.
For People's Best New Chef, voting starts today and goes through March 18. Meanwhile, Food & Wine's editors will release their Best New Chefs picks on April 2; last year's winners of Food & Wine's Best New Chefs, chosen by the staff, included Dan Kluger of ABC Kitchen, Corey Lee of Benu, and Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi of Torrisi Italian Specialties.
We're banking on Thomas McNaughton and Danny Bowien joining the ranks of Rick Bayless, Daniel Boulud, and Thomas Keller (all three won in 1988, so it must have been a good year), as well as Dan Barber, Michael Anthony, Stephanie Izard, and Tom Colicchio.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts