- World Coconut Day
Food & Wine Looking for People's Best New Chef
Food & Wine
Food & Wine
Recipe of the day
- Teen Chef Opens His First Restaurant with $160 Tasting Menu, Sparks Anger in Chef Community
- David Chang Says Next Year Will Be All About Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- Chef Ana Ros of Slovenia: Emerging Gastronomy, Part 2
- Chef Ana Ros of Slovenia: Emerging Gastronomy, Part 1
- A Chat with Dallas Restaurateur Mark Moore
In the next round of awards, Food & Wine has released their list of potential chefs for the year's People's Best New Chefs, with 100 or so names to choose from.
Readers can vote for their favorite young chef who has run their kitchen for five years or less, with obvious nominations like Danny Bowien, Jordan Kahn, Thomas McNaughton, Jimmy Bannos Jr., Alex Stupak, Dale Talde, and Sarah Pliner.
For People's Best New Chef, voting starts today and goes through March 18. Meanwhile, Food & Wine's editors will release their Best New Chefs picks on April 2; last year's winners of Food & Wine's Best New Chefs, chosen by the staff, included Dan Kluger of ABC Kitchen, Corey Lee of Benu, and Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi of Torrisi Italian Specialties.
We're banking on Thomas McNaughton and Danny Bowien joining the ranks of Rick Bayless, Daniel Boulud, and Thomas Keller (all three won in 1988, so it must have been a good year), as well as Dan Barber, Michael Anthony, Stephanie Izard, and Tom Colicchio.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts