Food & Wine Looking for People's Best New Chef
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
In the next round of awards, Food & Wine has released their list of potential chefs for the year's People's Best New Chefs, with 100 or so names to choose from.
Readers can vote for their favorite young chef who has run their kitchen for five years or less, with obvious nominations like Danny Bowien, Jordan Kahn, Thomas McNaughton, Jimmy Bannos Jr., Alex Stupak, Dale Talde, and Sarah Pliner.
For People's Best New Chef, voting starts today and goes through March 18. Meanwhile, Food & Wine's editors will release their Best New Chefs picks on April 2; last year's winners of Food & Wine's Best New Chefs, chosen by the staff, included Dan Kluger of ABC Kitchen, Corey Lee of Benu, and Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi of Torrisi Italian Specialties.
We're banking on Thomas McNaughton and Danny Bowien joining the ranks of Rick Bayless, Daniel Boulud, and Thomas Keller (all three won in 1988, so it must have been a good year), as well as Dan Barber, Michael Anthony, Stephanie Izard, and Tom Colicchio.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts