- Eid al Fitr(Ramadan ends)
Food & Wine Looking for People's Best New Chef
Food & Wine
Food & Wine
Recipe of the day
- The Best Young Culinary Minds: Zagat’s 30 Under 30 List Is Released
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 2
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 1
- Talking Chocolate with Mr. Chocolate, Master Chef Jacques Torres
- Chef JJ Johnson and the Potash Twins Bring a Little Harlem Downtown to The Daily Meal
In the next round of awards, Food & Wine has released their list of potential chefs for the year's People's Best New Chefs, with 100 or so names to choose from.
Readers can vote for their favorite young chef who has run their kitchen for five years or less, with obvious nominations like Danny Bowien, Jordan Kahn, Thomas McNaughton, Jimmy Bannos Jr., Alex Stupak, Dale Talde, and Sarah Pliner.
For People's Best New Chef, voting starts today and goes through March 18. Meanwhile, Food & Wine's editors will release their Best New Chefs picks on April 2; last year's winners of Food & Wine's Best New Chefs, chosen by the staff, included Dan Kluger of ABC Kitchen, Corey Lee of Benu, and Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi of Torrisi Italian Specialties.
We're banking on Thomas McNaughton and Danny Bowien joining the ranks of Rick Bayless, Daniel Boulud, and Thomas Keller (all three won in 1988, so it must have been a good year), as well as Dan Barber, Michael Anthony, Stephanie Izard, and Tom Colicchio.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts