Food Trucks, The New Marketing Platform
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
- Why You Shouldn't Go to a Restaurant on Valentine's Day
Corporations are beginning to take advantage of the food truck phenomenon that has taken hold. Mobile restaurants are being used as a platform for promoting new products, even television shows. Here are some of the new trucks hitting the streets.
• Air France Gourmet Food Truck: This morning, Air France launched a food truck to promote their new in-flight offerings. It will hand out free dishes created by Joël Robuchon through March 28th at locations in New York City.
• Taste of the Bayou Truck: In anticipation of the new season of Swamp People, The History Channel has unveiled the "Taste of the Bayou" truck. From March 28th through the 31st it will serve Cajun specialties for free at locations around New York City. The menu, inspired by swampland culture, includes mallard duck, smoked wild boar sausage gumbo, and alligator sauce piquante with rice.
• Jack's Munchie Mobile: Popular west coast burger chain, Jack in the Box, recently launched Jack's Munchie Mobile. The truck is covered with '70s-inspired art featuring the restaurant's mascot and is decked out with a soda machine, digital menu board, and state-of-the-art cooking equipment.
• Couscous Caravan: Boxed grains brand, Near East debuted their Couscous Caravan on Tuesday. The truck will set up at rotating locations around Seattle and hand out free samples of their new couscous flavors.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts