- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
Food Tank Releases List of Summer Reads
Recipe of the day
- How to Eat Off the Grid When the Apocalypse Comes
- Love Chocolate? Love Craft Beer? Book a Flight to Portland Immediately For These Delicious Treats
- Dos and Don’ts for Tea Around the World
- 10 Healthy Snacks to Bring on Your International Flight
- A Georgia Classic: The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
The self-described food "think tank,”" Food Tank, has released their list of suggested readings for this summer.
The entire roundup includes 13 titles largely aimed at understanding and addressing the global effects of our modern food system. The five books topping the list include:
- Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation by Michael Pollan
- VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health…for Good by Mark Bittman
- Bet the Farm: How Food Stopped Being Food by Frederick Kaufman
- Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America by Wenonah Hauter
- Behind the Kitchen Door by Saru Jayaraman
According to the post, Food Tank believes that "changing the ways consumers purchase, eat, and discard food is important for creating a more sustainable food system." This considered, their selected books "identify and explain the problems in the food system — and how to make changes."
For a complete list of suggested books, visit Food Tank’s website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts