- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Follow Mario Batali Around for 22 Minutes
Recipe of the day
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
If you've ever wondered what Mario Batali does for a living (and why he gets paid so much), check out Hulu's series "A Day in The Life." They follow Mario Batali as he rides around town (in a car, not on his Vespa), wearing his signature orange Crocs and an orange hair tie.
He hits up Good Morning America, switches into a darker orange/red pair of Crocs, pops up on The Chew, and spouts little media wisdoms like, "I think that above all, Americans have a remarkably refreshable and emptyable memory capacity. So if they don't hear about you for a while, they forget about you."
This was obviously filmed pre-Superbowl (there's some Giants talk in the segment), but it's still pretty interesting to see him going about what he considers to be his everyday life.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts