- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
First Lady Hooked Obama with Gumbo; Romney Describes Family Dinner
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
First lady Michelle Obama will help Rachael Ray kick off her seventh season of The Rachael Ray Show Monday, Sept. 17. During the episode, Obama reveals her least favorite healthy foods from childhood, namely lima beans and liver.
Obama also chats with Ray about the new changes to school lunch guidelines being adopted nationwide and cooks up a quick, healthy meal of Cheddar turkey burgers and broccoli. Ray also gets Obama to open up about the first meal she ever prepared for the president, her mom’s recipe for gumbo.
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney appeared on Good Morning America this morning, and he spoke with host George Stephanopoulos about the status of his campaign as it heads into the final stretch. Stephanopoulos asked Romney about a question posed to voters this week by in The Washington Post-ABC News Poll; when voters were asked, "Who would you rather have dinner with?" Obama led in the results by a significant percentage.
In response, Romney explained what it would be like to have dinner at his home. "It’d be chaotic, all right? You’d have grandkids climbing all over you. Probably some food would be thrown from one side of the table to the other by one of my grandkids. It’d be a lot of fun. By the way, that’s my favorite dinner in the world is with my kids and my daughters-in-law and with my grandkids," he said.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts