Finally, Someone Pairs Cocktails with Twinkies and Hostess Cakes
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
We interrupt this Thanksgiving coverage to let you know about another way to pair food and drink this week: Hostess sweets and cocktails. In light of the impending Hostess bankruptcy (and possible buyout from the owners of PBR), the W in Times Square has put together some (bitter)sweet cocktail and Hostess pairings for this week only.
We wish we could say we were genius enough to think of these ourselves, but we'll let the W Times Square Menu do the talking. On the Hostess Cocktail Pairings Menu:
The TBR (Twinkie Blue Ribbon): As buzz builds that the company behind PBR may help keep the Hostess brand alive, this is a PBR paired with a classic yellow Twinkie. Need we say more?
The Dinger: W's spin on a Chocolate Manhattan served with a side of two Hostess Ding Dongs.
The Sno Ho Ho: W's take on the Chocolat Raspberi Martini paired with Hostess Sno Balls
New Yorkers, head to The Living Room Bar from today until Friday, Nov. 23, to get your hands on a Hostess and cocktail pairing. Unless you're one of those people stockpiling Twinkies; then maybe you can run out on a PBR run on your own. And you can always make your own Twinkies at home.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts