- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Fettuccine with Toasted Almonds, Zucchini, and Lemon
- 8 Ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 Teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 Teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 6 Ounces toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Parmesan cheese
Healthy pasta is not an easy feat, but this recipe does a pretty good job of fitting the bill. The zest of the lemon with the nutty toasted almond give this dish a subtle but complex flavor that is sure to satisfy.
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, sauté the zucchini slices in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper over medium-high heat until the zucchini starts to brown, about 5-7 minutes. Toss the zucchini, almonds, pasta, and remaining olive oil together. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon over the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with a little Parmesan cheese, if desired.