Ferran Adrià Casting French Bulldogs for Logo; Here Are Our Nominations
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
One lucky pup might just get the chance to be the face of an elite culinary institution; the Guardian reports (hat tip to Eater) that legendary Spanish chef Ferran Adrià is scouting for a French bulldog to model for the logo of the elBulliFoundation.
The dog will then be the face of Adrià's upcoming foundation, a culinary center with a permanent exhibition about elBulli (Adrià's restaurant, which closed back in 2011), an area for pop-up dinners and fundraising events, and a lab for students to experiment with food. That's a lot for a puppy to take on.
Apparently, Adrià is searching all over the world for the perfect French bulldog, as it was a French bulldog that inspired the original beachside bar that turned into elBulli.
"I will hold casting sessions in New York, London, Madrid, and Barcelona if necessary," Adrià told the Guardian. Our nominations below:
Red, who would be a hit with the donors. (Photo: Jon Jackson)
Trotter, who looks great with a bowler hat and pipe. (Photo: Instagram/@trotterpup)
Louie, who is already apparently the mascot of The Barber Lounge. (Photo: Flickr/Dave Fayram)
Betty, who has youth to compensate for her inexperience. (Photo: Instagram/betty_page_frenchie)
And finally, all of these bulldogs.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts