A Fall Picnic for 2
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Although you might be thinking that picnic season is over, it isn’t finished just yet. The leaves are starting to change colors, which means it's time to enjoy the wondrous fall foliage and the last of the nice weather before the cold winter frost sets in. There is no better way to enjoy leaf-peeping season then to cuddle up with your significant other while enjoying a picnic. Just be sure to wear a warm sweater and bring along a comfortable blanket along with your picnic basket.
The spices and flavors of fall are comfort-inducing, perfect for an afternoon date.
A delicious starter for a fall picnic is a cheese platter of soft chesses, nuts, and dried fruits such as dried figs.
The king of fall flavors is pumpkin, so try incorporating it in a pumpkin sage orzo risotto for a side dish.
After indulging in some of your favorite fall dishes, stroll along the falling leaves or maybe go apple-picking or visit a pumpkin patch.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts