Eric Ripert Teaches Elizabeth Olsen to Make Wild Boar
Recipe of the day
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
When Anthony Bourdain appeared on the debut of Eric Ripert's On the Table, we figured our friends-jealousy was complete. Then, cool indie darling Elizabeth Olsen showed up on the latest episode, and now we just want to be bffs. Seriously.
Elizabeth Olsen (you may know her from Martha Marcy May Marlene, or Liberal Arts, or as the younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen) gets schooled on wild boar, makes some tequila and Sriracha cocktails with Ripert, and talks about growing up with acting sisters and choosing between acting and ballet at age 10. There's talk of the Full House set, studying in Russia, her recent graduation from NYU (congrats, girl!), and some new cooking techniques. "I have always wanted to go hunting," Olsen says at the beginning, but unfortunately there's no hunting involved. The next step for Olsen, we imagine, would be guest-fishing on Hooked Up with Tom Colicchio. And maybe from there, actual hunting?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts