The End Is Near (Sort Of): Stone Releases the Last 12.12.12 Vertical Epic Ale
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Dec. 12, 2012: 12.12.12. is an especially lucky day for craft beer lovers. Stone Brewing released its final release in the Epic Vertical Series, the 10-year series of aged beers that's drawn in fans around the country.
For the past 10 years, Stone has released a beer just for the lucky date — one year, one month, and one day apart. The 02.02.02 beer, the 03.03.03 beer, and so on were all brewed just a bit differently, with "different twists and turns." Some were aged until this very day, when all 11 beers — including the 12.12.12 beer — would be released. "The premise was visionary, and hadn’t ever been tried with beer before," wrote Randy Clemens on the Stone Brewing blog.
You can check out Vertical Epic Ale release parties all over the country, or simply get inspired by Stone's journey through the Epic Vertical series in the video. Considering the huge popularity of the series, better run to your stores and snap up the 12.12.12 while you can — after all, it's a part of history now.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts