- Cream of Wheat invented (1893)
- Cream of Wheat introduced (1893)
Embark on a 'Women in Wine' Road Trip
Recipe of the day
- Italy Throws a Great Party But Still Hasn’t Found the Solution to World Hunger
- The Waffle House Museum Will Make You Book a Flight to Georgia Immediately
- Dubai’s Qbara Sets the Pace for Modern Arabian Cuisine
- The 8 Best All-You-Can-Eat Cruise Ship Buffets
- Morimoto Opens New Family-Friendly Restaurant in Disney World This Week
Three female sommeliers from Dorchester Collection hotels in London, Paris, and Milan are hosting a European Women in Wine Road Trip in honor of International Women’s Day in March.
Vanessa Cinti of London’s 45 Park Lane will kick off the "Women in Wine" series March 6 in London followed by Estelle Touzet of Paris’ Le Meurice, who will lead a tasting in Paris March 7. The road trip concludes in Milan March 8 with Alessandra Veronesi of Milan’s Hotel Principe di Savoia.
In a profession traditionally dominated by men, the Women in Wine Road Trip aims to celebrate female sommeliers. At each event, the sommeliers will lead discussions of wine trends and topics, and wine tastings comparing vintage and recent American, French, and Italian wines. Each event is $156 but guests can book the entire wine trip for $2,600. .
The Women in Wine Road Trip includes a one-night stay at each property, a bottle of wine selected by each sommelier, admission to all three Women in Wine events, a glass of champagne at lunch, and a discount on spa treatments.
Lauren Mack is the Special Projects Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts