Election Night 2012: The Drinking Game
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
As the results start coming in tonight, we already have your cocktails planned: the Republican cocktail party and the Democrat cocktail party. (Not to be too bipartisan here.) And because the election night returns provide just as much, if not more, fodder than the presidential debates, we give you our Election Night Drinking Game. [slideshow: Whether it's to take the nervous edge off, or to celebrate your candidate winning, it's a game everyone can enjoy.
Here are our rules to get your started. Leave a comment if you have a rule of your own!
• Pass your drink to the right when Romney wins a state. Pass it to the left when Obama wins a state.
• Take a shot whenever a swing state’s results come in.
• Take a sip whenever someone on the screen says Ohio or Hurricane Sandy.
• Take a shot whenever a pundit says that it’s "still just too close to call."
• Start chugging if any sort of hologram pops up on whatever channel you're watching — there's nothing else to gain from that newscast.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts