Eat Like a Local: Nashville, Tennessee
Recipe of the day
- Cancún, Las Vegas, and NYC: Top 3 Destinations for American Travelers in 2015
- Huntington Beach, Calif.: America’s Most Wallet-Friendly Food City
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean 2013
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Weekend at Gurney’s
Nashville, affectionately called Music City, is known for many things. The Grand Ole Opry, Vanderbilt University, and country music are just a few of the city's highlights, but if Nashville's restaurants and thriving food scene aren't on your radar already, they should be.
It is easy to get caught up in tourist traps that claim to be the "best barbecue in Tennessee," but don’t always believe the advertising. We’ve rounded up the best of what you shouldn’t miss.
With the help of some local Vanderbilt students and local blogger Vivek Surti of Nashville food blog Vivek’s Epicurean Adventures, The Daily Meal has compiled a list of the five places and dishes that any visitor must try when visiting Nashville.
For a more cosmopolitan experience than you might expect, eat your way through Nashville like a local with these five dishes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts