Eat Like a Local: Nashville, Tennessee
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Nashville, affectionately called Music City, is known for many things. The Grand Ole Opry, Vanderbilt University, and country music are just a few of the city's highlights, but if Nashville's restaurants and thriving food scene aren't on your radar already, they should be.
It is easy to get caught up in tourist traps that claim to be the "best barbecue in Tennessee," but don’t always believe the advertising. We’ve rounded up the best of what you shouldn’t miss.
With the help of some local Vanderbilt students and local blogger Vivek Surti of Nashville food blog Vivek’s Epicurean Adventures, The Daily Meal has compiled a list of the five places and dishes that any visitor must try when visiting Nashville.
For a more cosmopolitan experience than you might expect, eat your way through Nashville like a local with these five dishes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts