- Ice Cream Month begins
- Blueberry Month begins
Easy Pulled Pork Recipe
ShutterstockPulled pork is often used as a filling for sandwiches.
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- 12 Recipes That Will Help You Stay Hydrated
- Put It in a Watermelon: 10 Recipes That Can Be Served In a Watermelon Half
- 9 Recipes That Will Make Your Kid Feel Like a Real Chef
- 10 Fresh Fruit Salsa Recipes You’ll Need This Summer
- Earthy, Rich, and Bold: 11 Recipes That Will Make You Fall In Love with Coffee in a Whole New Way
Pulled pork refers to pork that has been cooked at a low temperature for an extended period of time so that it is tender and juicy. Pulled pork is so tender that it can be “pulled” apart into individual strands. Though there are a number of methods to pulling slow-cooked pork, the most common is to simply take two forks and use them to scrape along the cooked pork. In the United States, pulled pork is often served with sauce — the sauce may be vinegar-based or tomato-based depending upon the region.
We love this easy pulled pork recipe because it’s made in the slow-cooker. Once you make a quick pan sauce, this is a set-it-and-forget-it recipe. It will take about nine hours to make, but will be well worth the wait. The finished pork can be served as-is or used as a filling for sandwiches or tacos.
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal’s Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts