Easy Cheesy Potato and Bacon Soup
- 1 1/2 Pound red potatoes, diced
- 2 Cups sliced leeks
- 6 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 Cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 Cups shredded sharp Cheddar, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Soup! It is cold here. And soup is what I want. Pretty much every day. I loved this soup. The bacon and cheese and potatoes are so comforting. Kids will love this soup as well. Serve with some crusty bread and you have an easy meal.
Place the potatoes, leeks, broth, garlic powder, and ½ cup of the bacon into a slow cooker. Slowly whisk in the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. Cover and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 4-6 hours. Slowly stir in the cheese, a little at a time. Season with plenty of salt and pepper and garnish with the remaining bacon and extra cheese, if desired.