- Fried Chicken Day
East Asian-Style Wings Recipe
- 3 tablespoons sweet and spicy hot sauce, preferably Tabasco brand
- 1 clove garlic, grated finely
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Vegetable oil or canola oil, for frying
- 24 chicken wings, split, trimmed of excess fat and skin, wing tips removed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (preferably Wondra) or rice flour
Sweet and spicy, this Asian-inspired hot wing recipe would make a fantastic addition to any party snack spread. — Will Budiaman
Combine the hot sauce, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar in a large bowl and mix.
Preheat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.*
Toss the wings in a bowl with the flour. Fry the wings for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove from the fryer, drain, and transfer to a bowl. Toss the wings with desired amount of sauce.
*Note: If you don’t have a deep fryer, as an alternative, fill a deep pot about 1/3 full with oil and place over medium heat until a frying thermometer reads 350 degrees.